First Tee Overview:At First Tee – Triangle, we’re Building Game Changers by empowering kids and teens to be the best version of themselves. By seamlessly integrating the game of golf with character-building, we create learning experiences that help kids uncover their inner strength, self-confidence, and resilience that they can carry to everything they do. Our trained coaches not only provide an introduction to junior golf and an opportunity to enhance golf skills, but they also create a safe, supportive, and empowering environment to help your child prepare for life ahead, including friendships, school, college and even their careers. Through our program, kids will learn skills that stay with them for life:
- Understanding and managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
- Fundamental golf skills and techniques
Advancing through the ProgramAt each age group, participants engage with the 5 Key Commitments: Pursuing Goals, Growing through Challenge, Collaborating with Others, Building Positive Self-Identity, and Using Good Judgement, while focusing on mastering golf fundamentals and building upon a golf skill foundation as they advance within the program.
- Learn the basics of golf
- Make new friends while being active and having fun
- Play interactive golf games taught by encouraging coaches
- Develop self-confidence and consideration for others
- Be active and have fun with peers in a safe and encouraging manner
- Build inner strength and self-confidence
- Learn to play golf
- Focus on building relationships with other players while exploring the game of golf
- Explore character concepts in active and collaborative ways that are valuable on and off the course
- Develop golf skills and enthusiasm for the game
- Support positive Game Changing behaviors in fun and meaningful ways
- Explore both golf skills and characters commitments while having fun with peers
- Provide opportunities to demonstrate mastery and growth in golf skills and abilities
- Support growth and development of early adolescents
- Build character and support personal development
- Develop additional golf skills and abilities
- Look toward their future and plan their own paths
- Evaluate, reflect, and apply their understanding of life and golf skills to new situations on and off the course
Golf Course Based Programs:At our green grass facilities, we offer weekly classes as well as what we call "value-added" opportunities such as leagues, clinics, and more. In each of our seven-week sessions, time is spent warming up, learning about the Key Commitment for that day, and rotating between golf stations with topics ranging from putting, chipping, pitching, or full swing. Because we are first and foremost a youth development organization, we focus on seamlessly integrating our Key Commitments, and we help participants understand how important these values are on and off the golf course. Participants attend class one day per week, and offerings depend on the facility. Please view the schedules located in the programs tab when planning.
For a complete list of program Frequently Asked Questions, please click here.
Program locations can be found here.
Weekly ClassesHow Registration Works: You will view the schedule and sign up for the day and time that works for your child. For example, if your child is 5 or 6 years old, you would view the schedule for the Ages 5-6 class opportunities at your desired facility. Your child may only register for 1 class per week! Classes fill quickly, so we recommend signing up as soon as possible. Financial aid is available during the registration process. See more details below. Registration Fees:
- Ages 5-6: $60 per participant for a 7-week session
- Ages 7 & up: $85 per participant for a 7-week session
- Financial Aid: We have an unlimited number of financial aid opportunities available for anyone needing financial assistance. Simply begin the registration process, and when prompted, click the “financial aid” option.
Additional EventsOur clinics, practice days, special events, tournaments, and other events are all additional opportunities to participate with First Tee - Triangle. Registration Fees are event specific, but as always, financial aid is available through the registration process.
After-School Programs:Our after-school program is known as Drive4Success. We partner with 14 local Elementary Schools to deliver a modified golf and character education program on site at the school. For more information, please click here.
As a 501c3 nonprofit organization, First Tee — Triangle actively engages with community partners to deliver programming to youth in the triangle area. We partner with various organizations such as Girl Scouts, The 5K Foundation, and Communities in Schools. Outreach programs take place at learning centers, local parks and golf courses! We provide all the equipment and lesson plans. Our program is open to ages 5-18 and open to all skill levels. To find a list of our current outreach partners, please click here.
To learn more about implementing this program in your area, contact us below, or [email protected] directly, and we will be in touch with more information.