Make an Impact
We are continuously searching for outstanding volunteer coaches. First Tee — Triangle coaches are a collective team that teach young people core values, healthy habits, and valuable life skills by using the game of golf. Without caring mentors, positive youth development just doesn’t happen. We believe that a meaningful, quality relationship between coach and participant is vital to our program. With the First Tee Coach program, we provide the training you need and put you in a position where your unique background can provide the greatest impact with the children.
Who Can Volunteer?
Anyone who is passionate about helping young people succeed! Extensive golf knowledge or ability is not required to volunteer. Ages 14 and up are welcome to apply. Ages 18 and up must complete a background check.
Volunteer On-Boarding Steps
1. Review the Assistant Coach Job Description.
2. Fill out a volunteer application, found HERE.
3. Our Director of Programs will be in contact with you to set up a short phone call regarding more information.
4. Complete a criminal background check and a Child Protection Course.
5. Attend an in-person training.
6. Sign up for a day and facility that works best for you.
If you have any questions or would like to know more information, please email Jordan Hall at [email protected] or call (919) 261-5916.