At First Tee – Triangle, we’re Building Game Changers by empowering kids and teens to be the best version of themselves.
By seamlessly integrating the game of golf with character-building, we create learning experiences that help kids uncover their inner strength, self-confidence, and resilience that they can carry to everything they do.
Our trained coaches not only provide an introduction to junior golf and an opportunity to enhance golf skills, but they also create a safe, supportive, and empowering environment to help your child prepare for life ahead, including friendships, school, college and even their careers.
Through our program, kids will learn skills that stay with them for life:
- Understanding and managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
- Fundamental golf skills and techniques
Advancing through the Program
At each age group, participants engage with the 5 Key Commitments: Pursuing Goals, Growing through Challenge, Collaborating with Others, Building Positive Self-Identity, and Using Good Judgement, while focusing on mastering golf fundamentals and building upon a golf skill foundation as they advance within the program.
- Be active and have fun with peers in a safe and encouraging manner
- Build inner strength and self-confidence
- Learn to play golf
- Focus on building relationships with other players while exploring the game of golf
- Explore character concepts in active and collaborative ways that are valuable on and off the course
- Develop golf skills and enthusiasm for the game
- Support positive Game Changing behaviors in fun and meaningful ways
- Explore both golf skills and characters commitments while having fun with peers
- Provide opportunities to demonstrate mastery and growth in golf skills and abilities
- Support growth and development of early adolescents
- Build character and support personal development
- Develop additional golf skills and abilities
- Look toward their future and plan their own paths
- Evaluate, reflect, and apply their understanding of life and golf skills to new situations on and off the course
Session 3 – 2022
Registration for Session 3 has closed.
Session 4 – 2022
Registration for Session 4 has closed! Our next session registration will go live in January with programs starting mid-March of 2023.
First Tee is a progressive program. Click here to learn more about advancing to the next level.
Visit this page to learn more about our after-school program at local elementary schools.
Camps – Summer & Trackout
View a brief overview of our program opportunities here!
We offer leagues, playing opportunities, girls golf initiatives, and more!
We recognize starting a new program can have its challenges. Click here to view our most frequently asked questions.
Click here to view our list of program locations!
Welcome Coaches! Login here to access lesson plans, schedules, and additional information.
What Programs Do We Offer?
Golf Course Based Programs:
At our green grass facilities, we offer weekly classes as well as what we call “value-added” opportunities such as leagues, clinics, and more. In each of our seven-week sessions, time is spent warming up, learning about the Life Skill or Core Value for that day, and rotating between golf stations with topics ranging from putting, chipping, pitching, or full swing. Because we are first and foremost a youth development organization, we focus on seamlessly integrating our Core Values and Life Skills, and we help participants understand how important these values are on and off the golf course. Participants attend class one day per week, and offerings depend on the facility. Please view the schedules located in the programs tab when planning.
To be added to our weekly email distribution list, please email Jordan Hall.
Our after-school program is known as Drive4Success. We partner with 14 local Elementary Schools to deliver a modified golf and character education program on site at the school. For more information, please click here.